Join Our Team! MML is Hiring a Research and Policy Associate.
Research and Policy Associate
Location: On site
Salary Range: $40,000 - $46,000
The Missouri Municipal League (MML) is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual for the position of Research and Policy Associate.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage and maintain MML’s research library.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns and providing information and technical assistance to city officials, business affiliates, governmental agencies and others.
- Interpret and provide written and verbal analysis of state statutes, regulations and guideline to MML’s executive director, staff and board of directors.
- Assist in analyzing the impact of proposed legislation on Missouri municipalities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new and revised MML legislative initiatives.
- Contribute to website content management.
- Participate in the planning and conducting of MML conferences, training sessions and meetings.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpretation skills.
- Knowledge or ability to learn municipal government practices, terminology, funding ordinances and operating procedures.
- Ability to organize data and information in a manner that is easily accessible to others.
- Professional skills to work with municipal elected officials and staff, as well as partners of the League.
Experience and education qualifications required:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with specialization in political science, business or public administration, planning, or closely related field.
Annual salary range is $40,000 – $46,000, based upon credentials.
Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and life insurance; retirement plan; paid time off.
MML is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send resume and cover letter by Feb. 4, 2022, to the Missouri Municipal League, 1727 Southridge Dr., Jefferson City, Missouri, 65109, or email [email protected].
The Missouri Municipal League is a non-profit, nonpartisan association of Missouri cities and villages. The Missouri Municipal League provides a united voice for municipalities across Missouri. Founded in 1934, MML now serves more than 640 municipalities with training, resources and legislative advocacy for local government success. Learn more at www.mocities.com.